Visualizing Anisotropic Oxygen Diffusion in Ceria under Activated Conditions
Synthesis of Honeycomb-Structured Beryllium Oxide via Graphene Liquid Cells
Effect of single point defect on local properties in BiFeO3 thin film
Epitaxial growth of a 100-square-centimetre singlecrystal hexagonal boron nitride monolayer on copper
Strong Coupling between ZnO Excitons and Localized Surface Plasmons of Silver Nanoparticles Studied by STEM-EELS
Real-time Observation of Deep Lithiation of Tungsten Oxide Nanowires by In Situ Electron Microscopy
Atomic Mechanism of Dynamic Electrochemical Lithiation Processes of MoS2 Nanosheets
Low-dimensional structures (as well as surface and interface) have novel physical properties and intrinsic quantum behaviors. The emergent phenomena of lowdimensional structures are attracting
more and more interests in both fundamental research and device applications. The atomic-level growth and structure-property characterization is still a challenge, so far. Research on the correlation
between properties and atomic/electronic structures is one of the basic tasks in condensed matter physics research.In-situ transmission electron microscopy (TEM) method is powerful in a way that it
can directly correlate the atomic-scale structures with physical properties. In this group, based on our before works on the synthesis and property of low-dimensional nanostructures and their in-situ
we will continue to develop the new in-situ TEM technique to probe the emergent phenomena in low-dimensional structures.
The research content includes two main parts: one is controllable growth and physical properties of low-dimensional structures; another is quantum transport and novel emergent phenomena via developing in-situ TEM physical manipulation and measurement instrument.
1. Graduate Students:
3. Tenure-track associate professors
- 5/19/2022 Congratulations to Bohan Yu，Xiaowei Zhang, Jinjian Guo for successfully defending their Ph.D. thesis!
- 5/5/2022 Xiaowei Zhang’s paper “Broadband Plasmonic NbN Photocatalysts for Enhanced Hydrogen Generation from Ammonia Borane under Visible–Near-Infrared Illumination” has been published on J. Phys. Chem. Lett. Congratulations!
- 3/31/2022 Li Wang’s paper “Abnormal anti-oxidation behavior of hexagonal boron nitride grown on copper” has been published on Nano Research. Congratulations!
- 1/17/2022 Pan Chen’s paper “Electrically driven motion, destruction, and chirality change of polar vortices in oxide superlattices” been published on Science China Physics, Mechanics & Astronomy. Congratulations!
- 12/8/2021 Congratulations to Aomiao Zhi for winning the National scholarship, and Xudan Huang for winning the Institute Director's award!
- 11/24/2021 Xinyu Liu’s paper “Atomic-scale visualization of metallic lead leak related fine structure in CsPbBr3 quantum dots” has published on Nanoscale. Congratulations!
- 9/24/2021 Yu Zhao’s paper “Edge-Enriched Large-Area Hexagonal BN Ultrathin Films with Enhanced Optical Second Harmonic Generation” been published on J. Phys. Chem. Lett. Congratulations!
- 7/31/2021 Yu Liu ’s paper “Nanoplasmonic zirconium nitride photocatalyst for direct overall water splitting” has been published on Chinese Chemical Letters. Congratulations!
- 4/26/2021 Liang Zhu’s paper “Atomic-Scale Observation of Structure Transition from Brownmillerite to Infinite Layer in SrFeO2.5 Thin Films” has been published on Chem. Mater. Congratulations!
- 3/4/2021 Lei Xu ’s paper “Atomic-scale dynamics of the phase transition in bilayer PtSe2” has been published on J. Mater. Chem. C. Congratulations!
- 3/29/2021 Lifen Wang’s paper “Microscopic Kinetics Pathway of Salt Crystallization in Graphene Nanocapillaries” been published on Phys. Rev. Lett. Congratulations!
- 1/15/2021 Lei Xu ’s paper “Evolution of interlayer stacking orders and rotations in bilayer PtSe2” visualized by STEM” been published on 2D Materials. Congratulations!
- 11/19/2020 Congratulations to Xinyu Liu for successfully defending the Ph.D. thesis! Congratulations to Xin Zhou for successfully defending the Master's thesis!
- 8/11/2020 Congratulations to Xiaomei Li, Jianlin Wang, Yu Zhao for successfully defending their Ph.D. thesis!
- 7/24/2020 Xiaomei Li ’s paper “Atomic-scale observations of electrical and mechanical manipulation of topological polar flux closure” been published on PNAS. Congratulations!
- 5/28/2020 Lifen Wang’s paper “Synthesis of Honeycomb-Structured Beryllium Oxide via Graphene Liquid Cells” been published on Angewandte Chemie. Congratulations!
- 5/19/2020 Congratulations to Liang Zhu, Pan Chen for successfully defending their Ph.D. thesis!
- 5/12/2020 B. H. Yu’s paper “Ultrafast quasiparticle dynamics and coherent phonon in nodal line topological material LaBi” has been published on Opt. Express! Congratulations!.
- 4/15/2020 Pan Chen’s paper “Atomic imaging of mechanically induced topological transition of ferroelectric vortices” has been published on Nature Communications! Congratulations!
- 2/26/2020 Jianlin Wang’s paper “Unraveling nanoscale electrochemical dynamics of graphite fluoride by in situ electron microscopy: key difference between lithiation and sodiation” has been published on J. Mater. Chem. A！Congratulations!
- 2/5/2020 Liang Zhu’s paper “Visualizing Anisotropic Oxygen Diffusion in Ceria under Activated Conditions” had been published on Phys. Rev. Lett.! Congratulations!
- 11/21/2019 Congratulations to Chenzhi Song and Yu Liu for successfully defending their Ph.D. thesis!
- 11/16/2019 We attended the annual examination symposium of the surface lab.
- 11/03/2019 Chenzhi Song’s paper “Insight into long-period pattern by depth sectioning using aberrationcorrected scanning transmission electron microscope” was accepted by Ultramicroscopy, Congratulations!
- 10/15/2019 We attended National annual meeting on electron microscopy at Hefei. Liang Zhu won the “best poster” award, Congratulations!
- 09/20/2019 Liang Zhu’s paper “Strain-Inhibited Electromigration of Oxygen Vacancies in LaCoO3” was published on ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Congratulations!
- 09/22/2019 The 5th International Symposium on Advanced Inorganic Materials (ISAIM) was held in Beijing successfully
- 07/15/2019 Four new graduated students, Ms Xudan Huang, Ms Huacong Sun, Mr. Chen Cai, and Mr. Lei Liao joined group. They finished one-year class in graduation school of University of Chinese of Academy of Sciences.
- 07/08/2019 The mid-term workshop of the state key equipment project “Ultrahigh space-/time-resolved physical measurement inside transmission electron microscope”was held in Institute of Physics.
- 05/22/2019 Postdoctor Li Wang published the paper“Epitaxial growth of a 100-square-centimetre single-crystal hexagonal boron nitride monolayer on copper”in Nature 570, 91–95 (2019).